Reykjavík 7 April 2020
The unfolding corona virus (COVID-19) crisis has significantly affected all our lives in the past few weeks. As authorities work to contain the spread of the virus, many national and international events have been postponed. Due to continued uncertainties, the organizers of the conference, Future of Languages 2020, due to take place in Reykjavík, Iceland, this coming June, have decided to postpone the event until next summer.
The NBR/FIPLV biannual conference Future of Languages will therefore be held in Reykjavík, Iceland, June 10 and 11, 2021. The published program and registrations will be transferred to the 2021 event.
By January 2021, the organizers will re-send the call for papers and request re-confirmation from registered participants who have already paid. Accepted papers will also be transferred to next year’s conference.
Should participants wish to withdraw from the conference, 75% of the registration fee will be refunded. The remaining 25% will cover expenses already incurred. For a refund, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 31, 2020.
We regret that it has come to this, but we must consider participants’ health and well-being. We look forward to welcoming you to Iceland in 2021.
With best regards.
Dr. Hólmfríður Garðarsdóttir
President of STÍL
Chair of the organizing committee